Tuesday 6 August 2013

Be Beautiful And Bronze!


The English weather has been soo all over the place this year, however in the past couple week's we've had more sunshine than we've had in what feels like forever. Even though the weathers not quite as nice now, where is has been so many people are sporting beautiful sun-kissed skin, apart from me that is. No matter how long a spend in the sun my pale skin refused to vanish. So after trying the St Tropez Everyday Tan spray and being less than impressed by the orange patchy results, i decided to try something cheaper.
 So i picked up the Soltan Beautiful Bronze body and face lotion from boots for £5.99 and £4.66. I applied the body lotion all over with a self tan mitt, i love that it was tinted so you could see where you'd been, and the glitter felt so summery, overall application was really easy; Then i used my hands to apply the face cream which i carried down my neck, i feel using my hand was a lot easier than the suggested mitt because it's easier to get into the harder to reach areas, such as around the nose. 

( Left to Right: Beautifully Bronze Body lotion & Face Cream) 

The initial scent is nothing too over powering, it has a 'summery scent', which i can only think to describe as a sweet, sun cream, and typical fake tan smell. These promise a natural tan which develops in 2-3 hours, so i applied this before bed so i could hopefully wake up 'sun kissed'. The fake tan smell became stronger as it began to develop and became quite strong by the third hour, however it wasn't completely unpleasant. In the morning i showered to try remove some of the smell, and covered myself in a fruity moisturiser, and that was the fake tan smell gone, it hasn't lingered and now i can't smell it at all.

Im so impressed with these products! I was streak free and the only patchy areas were on my feet, which i blame myself for really. The colour was also really nice, on both my face and body, my body was darker but not in an orange way, it was a very natural colour; and my face just had a really nice natural glow, it was darkest around my temples and hair line, but i think this just made it look more natural. I was very sceptical about using a fake tan on my face but i'm happy with the results, it doesn't look like much but i had literally no colour before!

(Those dark patches on my knee's are bruises not tan :( )

Pros: Streak and patch free, Natural colour, Smell goes away, Affordable, easy application.

Cons: Strong developing smell, 

No comments:

Post a Comment