Thursday 11 July 2013

Review: L'oreal feria pastel toning conditioner


This week i was desperate to change something up with my hair colour, i've never been very experimental and always played it safe with colour. However summer's here and school has ended so why not. I decided to try L'oreals new pastel toning conditioner because it's nothing too permanent and the box makes it look super pretty! They come in the colours: Pink panther, peach punch and Lilac lavender. I was undecided between pink and lilac, so i thought why not use both to hopefully get a more multi tonal effect, and not be to pink or too lilac.


 (Left: Lilac Lavender, Right: Pink Panther)

Because i'd heard such mixed reviews on this product i didn't stick to the instructions in order to try and get a better result. I applied this to my hair dry, instead of wet, with no particular precision i just took some pink, rubbed it into my hair then the same with the Lilac; carrying the colour through the length of hair. I found the application on the conditioner easy to apply, and not particularly messy which was a plus. I then left the dye for around 40 minutes supposed to the instructed 15.


This was the result, and i am really happy with it! in the light its very multi tonal, with different shades of pink's and lilac. However the colour did only last roughly 2 washes so the exitement was short lived, and my hair wasn't left feeling especially conditioned or soft either. On the plus side i did manage to squeeze 2 more uses out of the tube, so you do get roughly 3 Dip-Dye uses for your money. Being a bit more adventurous with my hair colour has really sparked something inside me, and now I'm desperate to try even more colours.

Pros: Nice colour results, didn't stain bleached hair and was relativly mess free.

Cons: 1 tube didnt strech far on long hair, the colour only lasted 2 washes, and my hair didnt feel very conditioned.

Overall though, it was fun to try! :) 

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! How did you mix both of the colours together?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!With no real precision, i ran the pink through some parts, the the lilac through others and then rubbed them together a bit so they blended nicely :) xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete